and / or you want our experts to help you configure and deploy TrueNAS solutions in your company ?
Dual Controllers HA (Optional)
DRAM (Per Controller) 128 GB - 192 GB
Max Ethernet Speed 2x 100 GbE
Fibre Channel (Option) 4x 16 Gb
Max Expansion Shelves 2
Max Drives Supported 144
Max Effective Capacity 5 PB
Max IOPS 500K
Max Throughput 5 GB/s
Powerfully-Scalable Enterprise Storage with Open Source Economics
The flagship TrueNAS M-Series is designed to support TrueNAS Enterprise with high-availability and maximum performance in mind.
Combining open source economics, hardware with high performance and reliability, and top quality support services,TrueNAS M-Series and TrueNAS Enterprise provide enterprise flexibility and scalability with trust and confidence.
The TrueNAS M-Series integrates the flexibility of unified storage, the performance of solid state flash drives, the capacity of hard disks, the simplified management of a powerful web-based user interface, and white-glove enterprise support. TrueNAS Enterprise inherits the rich functionality and open source economics of TrueNAS CORE and adds Enterprise-class capabilities such as High Availability (HA), Fibre Channel and VMware certification.
TrueNAS M-Series is available in four models. TrueNAS M30, M40, M50 and M60 provide unified file, block, and S3-compliant object storage and are available with single or dual-controller, hybrid, or all-flash configurations. Featuring multiple high-speed networking (up to 4x 100 GbE), system memory up to 1.5 TB, NVDIMM and NVMe caching, and up to 20 PB capacity, the TrueNAS M-Series is ideally suited for heavy IT storage workloads, including virtualization, media production, high- speed file sharing, and backup.
The TrueNAS M-Series modular hardware architecture conserves power, space, and cooling while supporting multiple applications with its hybrid flash and disk storage pools. HA ensures storage services are not disrupted, while Intelligent Storage Optimization maximizes storage efficiency with typical data reduction ratios of greater than 2.5x.
The TrueNAS M-Series delivers high-performance, scalability, data integrity, reliability, and ease-of-management with open source economics - for companies that never sleep.
Performance & Scale without Compromise:
Hybrid or All Flash Array? With TrueNAS, you can have both. TrueNAS M-Series leverages industry-leading cache along with open source ZFS by merging DRAM, non-volatile memory (NVDIMM), and flash (NVMe/SSD) with high-density disks to deliver low latency flash performance at disk capacity and cost. With up to four 100 Gb/s network ports per controller, the TrueNAS M-Series is designed to move terabytes at maximum speed.
Self-Healing Data Protection:
Data integrity is the name of the game, and TrueNAS leaves nothing to chance. In-flight data corruption is automatically detected and repaired before it ever reaches disk. Bit rot and data decay are identified and scrubbed clean. With TrueNAS, your data is always pristine.
Intelligent Storage Optimization:
TrueNAS M-Series maximizes storage efficiency by offering compression, efficient snapshots, clones, and thin provisioning at no extra cost. TrueNAS Adaptive Compression (TAC) efficiently boosts performance while maximizing capacity. TAC intelligently adjusts its compression ratio without wasting system resources. Before data is stored, TrueNAS dynamically detects and compresses what it can and skips any data too inefficient to be worthwhile.
Unlimited Snapshots & Replication:
Most storage appliances require additional licenses for advanced features — but
not TrueNAS. Gain unlimited file version retention, restoration, and replication. Data is automatically protected against unintentional alteration, such as from ransomware or
malware, with minimal storage consumption. Data can be replicated locally, remotely, or to the cloud for backups or disaster recovery. TrueNAS snapshots can also be coordinated with VMware snapshots.
With TrueNAS, any data protection or disaster recovery policy is simple to implement and maintain.
- TrueNAS Enterprise
- Available Storage Media
- • Enterprise Nearline Hard Drives 7200 RPM SAS3: ◦Capacities from 4 TB to 18 TB ◦SED, FIPS 140-2 options
• Enterprise SSDs: ◦SAS3: from 1.92 TB to 15.3 TB, ◦RI, SED, FIPS 140-2 options
• NVMe SSDs: From 1.6 TB to 3.2 TB
- Power Management
- • Auto-switching 100-240V 50/60Hz input power on TrueNAS M30/M40/M50
• Dual redundant, hot-swappable, high-efficiency (80%+) power supplies
• High-line 200-240V 50/60Hz input power on TrueNAS M60
• IPMI Remote power on/off
• UPS signal response and alerts
- Disk Management
- • Corrupted block scan + HDD S.M.A.R.T.
• Enclosure monitoring and alerts
• Global hot spares
• Hard drive activity/alert LEDs
• Hot-swappable drives
• Local and remote (KMIP) key management
- Physical Parameters
- • 4U: 24x 3.5/2.5" hard drive bays (front-loading, hot swap)
• Dimensions (l x w x h): 27" x 19" x 7" | 686 x 483 x 178 mm
• Empty weight: 75 lbs | 34 kg
• Fully-Loaded weight: 114 lbs | 52 kg
• Humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
• Non-operating temperature: -10°C to 70°C
• Operating temperature: 0°C to 35°C
• Rackmount rails 26" - 36.5"
• RoHS 6/6 compliant, CE, FCC Class A, UL, BSMI
- File-Based Protocols
- • AFP, FTP, WebDAV
• NFSv3, v4
• SMB v1/2/3
- Block-Based Protocols
- • Fibre Channel
• OpenStack Cinder
- Object Protocols
- • Minio Management
- Directory Services
- • Active Directory (AD)
• LDAP, NIS
- • IEEE 802.1q VLAN support
• IEEE 802.3ad link aggregation
• Port Trunking/NIC Teaming
- • Integrated Jails and Plugins
• Microsoft VSS, ODX, and CSV
• Supports KVM, Citrix XenServer, Microsoft Hyper-V, bhyve, and other common hypervisors
• Supports VMware and VAAI, ESXi snapshot integration, VM Warn/Stun, vCenter
- File System
- • In-line compression and deduplication
• Online capacity expansion
• OpenZFS Self-healing file system
• Snapshots and clones
• Thin and thick provisioning
• Virtual block devices
• ZFS Stripe, Mirror, RAID-Z1/Z2/Z3
- High Availability
- • Automated failover without data loss
• Dual controller support
• Online software updates
• Virtual IP address migration
- • Backup data to public clouds
• Rsync and cloudsync
• Snapshot-based OpenZFS local/remote replication
• Supports Asigra, Acronis, Veeam, Nakivo, NetBackup, and more
- Supported Public Cloud Providers
- • Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)
• BackBlaze B2 Cloud
• Google Cloud
• Microsoft Azure
- Remote Administration
- • Alert notifications via email, AWS-SNS, Hipchat, InfluxDB, Slack, Mattermost, OpsGenie, PagerDuty, and VictorOps
• Automated backup of system configuration and state
• Graphical reporting, enclosure management
• IPMI Remote Management with iKVM HTML5
• REST APIs and SNMP
• SSH, Syslog
• Signed updates with the ability to rollback
• TrueCommand Single Pane of Glass