Netgate 8200 MAX HA pfSense+ Security Gateway
Eight cores 2,4 Ghz Intel Atom CPU
Pre-loaded with pfSense Plus software
8 independent and flexible WAN/LAN ports
10 Gbps SFP+ • 2,5 Gbps RJ45 • 1 Gbps combo RJ45/SFP
16GB DDR4 RAM
Active - integrated quiet chassis fan with onboard control
Double the cores, double the memory, double the power.
Combining the power of an 8-Core Intel Atom C3758R CPU with integrated QuickAssist & AES-NI along with 16 GB of memory, the Netgate 8200 provides:
- Over 80% greater firewall and VPN throughput than the Netgate 6100
- Double the firewall performance and over 70% more VPN throughput than the outgoing Netgate 7100.
Experience the performance and business assurance expected from leading secure networking applications at a fraction of the cost of proprietary alternatives. Enjoy unlimited users, unlimited firewall rules, unlimited IPsec tunnels, dual WAN, etc. with no artificial limits and no additional usage or feature-based pricing.
Manage pfSense Plus software settings through our web-based GUI. No need to fumble with a command line interface or type commands.
From Firewall to Unified Threat Management, get all the security features you need to protect your network.
Power efficient & quiet
An actively controlled cooling fan integrated into the chassis baseplate allows the unit to remain uncharacteristically quiet for such a powerful 1U system and the Intel Atom processors are designed for low power consumption.
High Availability (HA)
The high availability system is composed of two units. To learn how to configure your pfSense Plus software for high availability use you can view our documentation here.
Why pfSense Plus Software?
Our Get to Know pfSense Plus Software page has additional information about pfSense Plus routing and security features, performance, and technology. Solution Briefs, Videos, and Technical Documentation are also available to help you along your pfSense journey.
- Ships with the latest version of pfSense Plus software
- Not PoE Compatible
- Power cords EU included (US and UK available on demand)
- Netgate 8200 systems are actively cooled. Take care to avoid any obstructions to the chassis and lid venting.
- Netgate 8200 systems may be rack mounted with other devices directly above or below the Netgate system. Heat sources placed immediately below or in direct contact with the underside (chassis) of the 8200 system should measure less than 40°C / 104°F surface temperature.
Your purchase includes all of these super neat things, which will help you get started with pfSense Plus software:
Complimentary TAC Lite 24x7 zero-to-ping support from Netgate Global Support
Access to the online version of the continuously updated official pfSense book (700+ pages)
ACB: Automatic Encrypted Configuration Backup Service
Technical assistance is available from Netgate Global Support 24x7x365.
TAC Lite is included with the purchase of your Netgate appliance.
Help is available on our community forum here.
- Appliance warranty applicable if sold in Europe by Viatitude: One year manufacturer's hardware warranty, return cost to buyer's expense, back-delivery to Viatitude expense (except outside Europe) with repaired or spare item, new or refactored, identical or superior to original item.
- Optional extension to 3 years or 5 years of manufacturer's hardware warranty by Viatitude.
- Next-day spare delivery (in France): upon request.
- All specifications subject to change without notice.
You will also need
Mounting hardware specific to your racking system.
Due to the wide variety of rack mount fasteners, cage nuts, rack screws, etc. mounting hardware is not included. Please select fasteners that are suitable for your rack installation. Consult a qualified tradesperson if you are unsure.
Take a photo of the label on the bottom of your Netgate 8200 before installation.
It is always a good idea to make a note of serial numbers and additional information from the label on the bottom of your system before installing in a server rack. The labeling may be difficult to read while the system is mounted in the rack. Please take a picture of the information or write it down for future reference.
- pfSense Plus
- Form factor
- L3 forwarding
- • IMIX Traffic: 11.76 Gbps
• IPERF3 Traffic: 18.60 Gbps
- • IMIX Traffic: 5.1 Gbps (10k ACLs)
• IPERF3 Traffic: 18.55 Gbps (10k ACLs)
- IPsec VPN
- • IMIX Traffic: 810 Mbps (AES-GCM-128 w/QAT)
• IPERF3 Traffic: 3.24 Gbps (AES-GCM-128 w/QAT)
- 1U Rack - Aluminum, plastic, and steel enclosure
• 19 x 10 x 1.75 inches
• 482.6 x 254 x 44.45 mm
- • Intel Atom C3758R with QAT, 8-core @ 2.4 GHz (Denverton family)
- • (2) 10 Gbps SFP+ WAN ports
• (2) Auto media detect 1 Gbps (RJ45 copper / SFP fiber) combo WAN ports
• (4) 2.5 Gbps RJ-45 "direct" (unswitched) ethernet (LAN) Intel i226 ports
- 128 GB NVMe M.2 SSD (B+M Key)
- 16 GB DDR4 w/o ECC, single channel (soldered down)
- • 1x Mini-PCie Slot (Wi-Fi Only)
• 2x m.2 (Key-B slot) with dual-SIM (LTE, Wi-Fi, or NVMe) (PCIe, USB 2.0, USB 3.0)
- Console port
- 1 x auto-detect console port: "Cisco pinout" RJ45 + micro-USB (micro-USB cable included with each system)
- USB Port
- 2x USB 3.0 jacks (USB-A female) Located on right side rear / lead out to right side front panel of 1U rack
- 3x 4-color LEDs (RGB + amber) Software / bootloader controllable via Microchip MCU
- Active - integrated quiet chassis fan with onboard control
- External ITE P/S AC/DC 100-240V, 50-60 Hz, 12V 5.0A (60W), threaded (locking) barrel connector.
- Operating Temperature
- 0°C (32°F) to 40°C (104°F) - ambient
- FCC (Class B), IEC / CE, CB, UL, RoHS, RCM, UKCA