Netgate 1541 pfSense+ Security Gateway
Eight Core Intel Xeon® 2.1 GHz CPU
Pre-loaded with pfSense Plus Software
10 Gigabit Base-T Ports
Up to 8x Fully Independent Ports
8GB DDR4 RAM (Expandable to 32GB)
Up to 32 Million Max Connections
The Netgate 1541 1U 19" rack mount system is a state of the art pfSense® Security Gateway appliance, featuring the 8 Core Intel® Xeon® D-1541 processor with AES-NI to support a high level of I/O throughput and optimal performance per watt. This pfSense appliance can be configured as a firewall, LAN or WAN router, VPN appliance, DHCP Server, DNS Server, and IDS/IPS with optional packages to deliver a high performance, high throughput front-line security architecture at an excellent price per gigabit.
Built with performance, versatility, and low total cost of ownership in mind, pfSense systems meet the growing needs of organizations of all sizes.
Low total cost of ownership
- No artifical limits or add-ons required to make your system fully functional.
- No additional usage or feature based pricing. Enjoy unlimited users, unlimited firewall rules, unlimited IPsec tunnels, dual WAN, etc.
- Standard configuration with 16GB of RAM and 256GB Micron M.2 SSD storage.
- Low power requirements to help save you money.
- This system is designed for a long deployment lifetime.
Grows with you
- From firewall to Unified Threat Management, get all the security features you need to protect your home or business.
- Flexible configuration and support for multi-WAN, high availability, VPN, load balancing, reporting and monitoring, etc.
- Add optional packages such as Snort or Suricata for IDS/IPS and network security monitoring, Squid for optimized content delivery and SquidGuard for anti-spam/anti-phishing and URL filtering.
- Maximum Active Connections: 16,000,000 (32,000,000 with 32 GB RAM)
Easy GUI management
- Manage pfSense settings through our web-based GUI.
- No fumbling with a command line interface or typing arcane commands.
Secure remote access
- Connect via encrypted Virtual Private Networks (VPN) between your offices, let mobile workers connect security, or connect to the Cloud!
- Use the built-in Amazon VPC Wizard to easily establish VPN connections with your Amazon EC2 cloud.
- Medium to Large Sized Networks with 1U rack mount cabinets
- Medium to Large Sized Branch Office with heavy loads
- Managed Service Providers (MSP) / Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) On Premise Appliance
- Anyone with High-Speed 10 Gigabit and/or 1 Gigabit Connections
- Anyone with many VPN Connections
- Anyone with high speed connections who wish to configure IDS/IPS features
- Quick Start Guide and other Manuals.
- Not PoE Compatible.
- Power cords EU included (US and UK available on demand)
Your purchase includes all of these super neat things, which will help you get started with pfSense:
- Access to the online version of the continuously updated official pfSense book (700+ pages)
- ACB: Auto-Configuration Backup Service
- Monthly live education hangouts featuring in depth pfSense topics hosted by our core developers
- Access to the archive of education hangouts
- Access to the pfSense Virtual Security Gateway Appliance for VMWare®
Warranty and support information:
- Appliance warranty applicable if sold in France by Viatitude: One year manufacturer's hardware warranty, return cost to buyer's expense, back-delivery to Viatitude expense (except outside France) with repaired or spare item, new or refactored, identical or superior to original item.
- Optional extension to 3 years or 5 years of manufacturer's hardware warranty by Viatitude.
- Next-day spare delivery (in France): upon request.
- All specifications subject to change without notice.
- pfSense community based software support is available here.
pfSense Plus software is a powerful firewall, router, and VPN solution that leverages a number of highly-regarded open-source projects. The software competes effectively with far more expensive, commercial alternatives and is used by hundreds of thousands of businesses, educational institutions, and government agencies all over the world. Leading secure-networking features and capabilities include:
- Ad blocker (pfBlockerNG)
- Captive Portal
- CARP / HA
- DNS Server
- DHCP Server
- HTTP transparent / web / reverse proxy (Squid)
- IP / Country block list (pfBlocker)
- Packet capture / inspection
- Port forwarding
- QOS / rate limiters
- Software load balancer (HA Proxy)
- Traffic monitoring
- Traffic logging, statistics, and graphs
- Traffic shaping
- Website blocker (pfBlocker)
Learn more about the features of pfsense Plus software
- pfSense Plus
- Form factor
- User profile
- L3 forwarding
- IMIX Traffic: 15.1 Gbps
IPERF3 Traffic: 18.8 Gbps
- IMIX Traffic: 12.3 Gbps (10k ACLs)
IPERF3 Traffic: 18.64 Gbps (10k ACLs)
- IPsec VPN
- IMIX Traffic: 1.77 Gbps (AES-GCM-128 w/QAT)
IPERF3 Traffic: 9.30 Gbps (AES-GCM-128 w/QAT)
- 1U 1.7"x17.2"x9.8"
- Intel "Xeon-DE" D-1541, 2.1 GHz FCBGA 1667 supported SoC
- Other(s) port(s)
- 1x BMC integrated ASPEED AST2400, 1x IPMI RJ45 Dedicated Port (Realtek RTL8201N PHY), 1x VGA Port (Aspeed AST2400), 1x SuperDOM power connector, 1x COM, Headers for TPM, GPIO, SMbus
- CPU Cores
- Eight Cores, 16 Threads, 45W
- Dual LAN via Intel® i350-AM2 1 Gigabit Ethernet, Dual LAN via SoC 10GBase-T, Virtual Machine Device Queues reduce I/O overhead, Supports 10GBASE-T, 100BASE-TX, and 1000BASE-T, RJ45 output, 1x Realtek RTL8201N PHY (dedicated IPMI)
- 500 GB Micron M.2 SSD
- 16 GB DDR4 UDIMM (expandable to 32GB ECC UDIMM)
- 1x PCI-E 3.0 x 16 slot, M.2 PCI-E 3.0 x4 (SATA support) M Key 2242/2280, 6x SATA3 (6 Gbps) ports via SoC
- USB Port
- 2x USB 3.0 ports (front), 2x USB 2.0 ports (via header)
- Power LED, Hard drive activity LED, 2x Network activity LEDs, System Overheat LED, Information LED (temp., status)
- 200W Low-noise PS with PFC: Active CPU fan, 40mm chassis fan
- 1x SATA DOM power connector, 100-240V, 50-60Hz, 2.6 Amp MAX, AC Inlet: IEC320-C14 (3 PIN), Power Cord: NEMA 5-15P to IEC320-C13
- Power consumption
- TBD W (idle)
- Operating Temperature
- 0°C to 60°C Operating Temp 8% to 90% Operating Relative Humidity (non-condensing)
- FCC, CE, RoHS, UL